Most library loans can be renewed. You can do so at the library by asking staff or online from your account. There are a few things to know about renewals:
- Most, but not all, items allow two renewals. If eligible for renewal, the Renew button will be active. If not eligible for renewal, a message will replace the button letting you know that the title cannot be renewed.
- All physical materials that are eligible for renewal are also eligible for autorenewal. Our system will attempt to renew your eligible physical materials on their due date. If you have an email address on your account, you will be sent an email letting you know whether the autorenewal attempt was successful.
- Titles cannot be renewed when there are holds waiting.
- Titles can be renewed even if your account has fines over $5 or more than 5 overdue items.
- Renew your materials close to the due date. Renewals do not add an extra loan period to the end of the current due date, but start a new loan period at the renewal time. Because our system attempts to autorenew your physical materials on their due dates, you may not want to manually renew them.
- If you have a problem with renewing loans online, please contact your local library for assistance.
To renew your items, you should first access your account and then you should access your list of Checked Out Titles. Then, either:
- Press the Renew button next to a title you'd like to renew.
- Check the checkboxes at the top-left for multiple titles and press the Renew Selected Items button at the bottom.
- Press the Renew All button at the bottom if you'd like to renew all titles on the page.